WELCOME TO SCHOOL CARE DAY! THANK YOU FOR SERVING!
Things you should know:
There may be several volunteers at your location to be matched up with the teacher(s) listed above, and teachers may share volunteers depending on the amount of work.
When you arrive at the school, you can enter at Door 1 and go to the main office. The school secretary can direct you to the right location.
If the teacher you are helping is agreeable and you happen to take any pictures you’d like to share, feel free to send those to us or tag us in your Facebook post.
While at your chosen school, keep in mind that we are guests. Be respectful of any rules, make friends, be flexible and have fun!
School Care Day is about:
- JESUS. The purpose of this day is to “show our community the real Jesus” through acts of service. Jesus was a servant. When we serve, we show what he is all about. We’re not here to force our faith on anyone, but to show Jesus through action. If someone asks, or it comes up in conversation, consider having a ready answer that in some natural way points to him (e.g., we think this is what Jesus would do).
- RELATIONSHIPS. The purpose of this day is also to build relationships with each other and with people from other churches and organizations as well as the teachers/workers at each site. Take time to enjoy each other’s company.
- PRAYER AND BLESSING. Consider praying for the students and staff of each school site as you work. If you’re working in a classroom, for instance, pray for the students and teachers that will occupy that room in the coming year.
- FLEXIBILITY. Given the numbers of people involved, there may be times when things don’t run perfectly smoothly. That’s ok. That’s part of the fun. Just enjoy the journey and find humor in the situation.
- WORK. The schools are always blown away with our productivity so we also want to get the work done well.
- FUN. Have fun. Be spontaneous. Enjoy the day. Enjoy each other.
We hope you will join the citySERVE Green Bay leadership team in this prayer or a similar one on Monday & Tuesday:
Lord, we give this day to you. We want to be your witness through our actions today. Watch over us and keep us safe. Help us to have fun and get to know and to enjoy the people working with us and to have a positive, flexible attitude. We are your crew today and your hands. All honor and glory to you, in Jesus’ name. Amen.